We are a proud member of 1% for the Planet, a global non-profit organisation that connects dollars to doers to address the most pressing issues facing our planet.
Founded in 2002 by Yvon Chouinard (creator of Patagonia) and Craig Mathews (founder of Blue Ribbon Flies), their members have given more than £110 million ($150 million) back to environmental non-profits since 2002. Today, the network consists of more than 1,200 business members, numerous individuals, and thousands of nonprofit partners in more than 40 countries.
We donate 1% of our total sales revenue each year to a selected non-profit partner of 1% for the Planet. Each of their non-profit partners focus on one or more of the following six core areas: climate, food, land, pollution, water, and wildlife.
We source our dolls from a manufacturer certified by the ICTI Ethical Toy Program, which is an independent, not-for-profit organisation to safeguard and improve ethical and sustainability standards in the global toy industry supply chain.
The Ethical Toy Program is designed for the toy industry based on the ICTI Code of Business Practices, covering nine core principals:
- Working hours must not be excessive & overtime must be voluntary
- Legal and fair pay
- No child labor
- No forced or involuntary labor
- No discrimination
- Employees must be treated with dignity and respect
- Employees' right of association must be observed
- Individual written labor contracts must be provided
- Working conditions are safe and employee health is not endangered